Terry Lemons

Default Multiple page numbers for some pages

I have a document where, in parts, I need two page numbers per page. I
know, this sounds nutty. But, the document contains several sections that
are, themselves, stand-alone documents. So, I want to use automatic page
numbering throughout the long document, with each page being numbered one
more than the previous one. BUT, for some sections of the document I want
to have a second page number, numbered from 1 to whatever for just that
section.

How can I do this?

Robert M. Franz

Hi Terry

Terry Lemons wrote:
I have a document where, in parts, I need two page numbers per page. I
know, this sounds nutty. But, the document contains several sections that
are, themselves, stand-alone documents. So, I want to use automatic page
numbering throughout the long document, with each page being numbered one
more than the previous one. BUT, for some sections of the document I want
to have a second page number, numbered from 1 to whatever for just that
section.

You will have to enter a field-calculation in your header. The usual way
to do what you want is to insert a bookmark anywhere on the first page
of your standalone documents (unless you have something on it which
contains a bookmark by itself, like a numbered heading for instance).

Then, make sure the headers and footers of this section are not linked
to the previous section, and, vice versa, that those of the following
section are not linked back, either.

Now, in the header area, insert the following field (all curly brackets
must be done with CTRL F9):

{ ={ PAGE }-{ PAGEREF YourBookmarkName }+1 }

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS