Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ingi Ingi is offline

Default how do i repair a .tmp file

Hi,
I was working with word, a file that only contains text. Then I went to File
- Save and everything crashed.
Now the document is gone and instead I have a document called ~WRL0699.tmp
and it contains boxes, chinese symbols and numbers (1100111000 and so on) and
a little bit of the original text at the bottom.
What can I do to recover my document?

Thanks,
Ingi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

click on file\open and in open dialog box first for file types choose ALL
Files(*.*) in order to see *.tmp file and then click on the arrow sign on
open button and click on open and repair.

"Ingi" wrote:

Hi,
I was working with word, a file that only contains text. Then I went to File
- Save and everything crashed.
Now the document is gone and instead I have a document called ~WRL0699.tmp
and it contains boxes, chinese symbols and numbers (1100111000 and so on) and
a little bit of the original text at the bottom.
What can I do to recover my document?

Thanks,
Ingi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ingi Ingi is offline

Thanks Harvey
but I already tried that and did it again now and it doesn´t work..

"Ingi" wrote:

Hi,
I was working with word, a file that only contains text. Then I went to File
- Save and everything crashed.
Now the document is gone and instead I have a document called ~WRL0699.tmp
and it contains boxes, chinese symbols and numbers (1100111000 and so on) and
a little bit of the original text at the bottom.
What can I do to recover my document?

Thanks,
Ingi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

If repair doesn't work and you don't have the original document or file with
the same name and WBK extension (back up file) I don't think there is a way
to repair the file.

"Ingi" wrote:

Hi,
I was working with word, a file that only contains text. Then I went to File
- Save and everything crashed.
Now the document is gone and instead I have a document called ~WRL0699.tmp
and it contains boxes, chinese symbols and numbers (1100111000 and so on) and
a little bit of the original text at the bottom.
What can I do to recover my document?

Thanks,
Ingi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That means that Word isn't recognizing the file as a Word file. You might be
able to salvage text from it, but repair isn't in the cards. To salvage
text, choose File - Open, and set Files of type: to Recover text from any
file. Then open the file.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible