Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
N.G.Near N.G.Near is offline

Default "Show Button" Default Change

Everytime I open Word (2003), I have to close the following tabs under the
"show button", Comments, Ink Annotations, Insertions Delitions, and
Formatting. I would like to change the default so that these boxes are
normally not checked. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note, however, that what you are suggesting only hides the markup--it's
still there. And if the document is sent to someone else, he or she will be
able to see markup.

Instead, here's how to deal with the problem: Close Word. Rename the blank
document template (normal.dot). Then restart Word; a fresh copy of the
template will be created. For more, see the "Creating a new Normal.dot from
scratch" section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocnotblank.htm.

To fix the problem in an existing document: Accept the changes made, and
then turn off Track Changes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"N.G.Near" wrote:

Everytime I open Word (2003), I have to close the following tabs under
the
"show button", Comments, Ink Annotations, Insertions Delitions, and
Formatting. I would like to change the default so that these boxes are
normally not checked. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

What does Normal.dot have to do with his question?! His question is about
show dropdown in reviewing toolbar and those things he mentioned are checked
by default so creating a new Normal.dor doesn't make any difference.

"N.G.Near" wrote:

Everytime I open Word (2003), I have to close the following tabs under
the
"show button", Comments, Ink Annotations, Insertions Delitions, and
Formatting. I would like to change the default so that these boxes are
normally not checked. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

My reply was based on the assumption that Track Changes had been
inadvertently enabled for a document or a template. If not, the Show options
on the Reviewing toolbar could just as well be ignored.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP