Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WordPerfect User Needs Help WordPerfect User Needs Help is offline

Default Flush Right / Underlining

In Word Perfect I can type a line of text, for instance:

Name of Client:

Then I can "flush right" and use the underline key to make a line that goes
from right to left. This way, all of the lines end at the same point on the
left.

I am telling you this process in case other Word Perfect users have figured
out the answer.

It appears in Word (2007) that a person can only select right align, which
is not what I want. Flush right is different. In Word, when I type:

Name of Client:

I have to use the underline key until I reach the right margin.

The problem with this is that, depending on the text, when the underline key
is pressed, it doesn't always end at the same exact point at the right margin
so the edge of the underlines don't line up and it looks funny. Like this:

Name of Client: _____________________________________________
Address of Client: ____________________________________________
City State Zip of Client: _______________________________________

Does anyone know what I am talking about and how I can fix it?

--
LISASLEGAL
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Set a right tab at your right margin and set it for an underline in the Tabs
formatting box. Type in your info and hit the tab once.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

m wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WordPerfect User Needs Help WordPerfect User Needs Help is offline

Sorry, I need a little more hand-holding. How do I set a right tab at the
right margin in Word 2007?
--
LISASLEGAL

m wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How to set tab stops:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...341291033.aspx

Once you have your tab set, double click on the tab stop in the horizontal
ruler. That will open the tab stop format box. Under Leaders, select #4 for
the underline.

--

m wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers