Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Jaros John Jaros is offline

Default How do I shorten the list of recently used fonts

The list of recently used fonts contains several fonts I have NEVER used and
I would like to remove them from the list. How do I do this? I am using
Word 2007.

Thank you.

John Jaros

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You can get rid of the MRU font list but you need to edit the Registry to do
it. Exit Word and in the Registry navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Options

Right-click in an empty area in the right pane, click New/String Value. Name
the new value NoFontMRUList. Once named, double-click the value to open it
for editing and type a 1 (numeric one) in the Value data text box. To return
to turn the MRU font list back on, either change the value data to 0 (zero)
or delete the NoFontMRUList value.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: