Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GeneCT GeneCT is offline

Default How can I remove all hyperlinks at once to save as no-HPLnk file

I like to save a document as plain Word file that has no undetected
fyperlinked words. Rather than deleting hyperlink one by one, is there any
method to delte them all at once?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

GeneCT wrote:
I like to save a document as plain Word file that has no undetected
fyperlinked words. Rather than deleting hyperlink one by one, is
there any method to delte them all at once?

Do you want to keep the text and just make it not-linked, or do you want to
remove the text, too?

To remove the hyperlink but leave the text, use this macro
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

Sub NoHLinks()
Dim idx As Long
For idx = 1 To ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count
ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks(1).Delete
Next
End Sub

Here's how to remove the hyperlinks _and_ their text:

First press Alt+F9 to display all field codes instead of field results. In
the Edit Replace dialog, put this in the Find What box:

^d HYPERLINK

(notice the space character after the d). Leave the Replace With box empty
and click Replace All.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman