hstijnen

Default How to change tabs in list template?

Hi,
I've a list template for outline numbered list. I've learned from McGhie
that tab positions are stored in the list templates and override the tabs of
the style the list template is attached to.

How can I change the tab position in the list template? In the window for
editing a multi level list I only see "position of number" and "position of
text".

Thanks,
Henk
Margaret Aldis

Hi Henk

This has changed in recent versions of Word, but if you do not have a
setting for tab position in the dialog then the tab position normally
defaults to the same value as the text position, unless Word considers that
'too small' for your numbers - typically you might find a .25 cm text indent
generates a .63 tab, for instance.

You can however set the tab position directly via VBA - record a macro and
look at the code; you will see a .tab setting which can be edited to your
preferred value.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

news