Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Herb is offline

Default templates

I had an HP, win 98se with word 97. I created numerous templates in word. I
purchased a new dell with XP pro, and word 2007. I successfully transferred
all of my documents & files to the new computer, but am at a loss as to how
to transfer (or copy) the templates to word 2007, and if it can be done. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated
--
herb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can copy the templates to the user template location in Word 2007
(defined at Word Options Advanced File locations) or a sub folder of
that location and the templates will appear in New (from) My Templates -
much as they did in the earlier versions. However if the templates contain
macros, they may not work without some modification to the code - autotext
particularly will not work without modifications.