Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shannon Jacobs Shannon Jacobs is offline

Default Reviewing pane unreadable (tiny font)

The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several weeks
ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to see the font
controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing pane in a 4 point
font, but when that is visible, the font size is grayed out and not
changeable.

I originally posted this question in two of the old public word newsgroups.
I was rather surprised there was no response--only to discover that
Microsoft has apparently cut them off and left them floating in limbo. On
this official Microsoft server, this seems to be the most relevant
newsgroup. Or is there some other newsgroup or some other server I should be
asking in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Shannon Jacobs wrote:
The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several
weeks ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to
see the font controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing
pane in a 4 point font, but when that is visible, the font size is
grayed out and not changeable.

I originally posted this question in two of the old public word
newsgroups. I was rather surprised there was no response--only to
discover that Microsoft has apparently cut them off and left them
floating in limbo. On this official Microsoft server, this seems to
be the most relevant newsgroup. Or is there some other newsgroup or
some other server I should be asking in?

Whoops, I must be tired. I forgot to note that the attached file (on the OP)
is new and empty, but still shows the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Based on your description I am not quite sure but the problem may be hat the
Reviewing Pane has been set to a small zoom value (e.g. 10%). If that is the
case, click anywhere in the Reviewing Pane and select the desired zoom value
from the Standard toolbar or from the View menu. In addition to the built-in
zoom values, you can type any percentage between 10 and 500 (if you type a
value, you must hit Return to apply the zoom).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Shannon Jacobs" wrote:

Shannon Jacobs wrote:
The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several
weeks ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to
see the font controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing
pane in a 4 point font, but when that is visible, the font size is
grayed out and not changeable.

I originally posted this question in two of the old public word
newsgroups. I was rather surprised there was no response--only to
discover that Microsoft has apparently cut them off and left them
floating in limbo. On this official Microsoft server, this seems to
be the most relevant newsgroup. Or is there some other newsgroup or
some other server I should be asking in?

Whoops, I must be tired. I forgot to note that the attached file (on the OP)
is new and empty, but still shows the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shannon Jacobs[_2_] Shannon Jacobs[_2_] is offline

Thanks. I don't think that's the real problem, but it's an adequate
workaround. As long as I'd been struggling with the problem, I should
have thought of that over-zooming evasion earlier. I'd suggest you
look at the file, but another aspect of Microsoft's anti-support
policy is apparently to delete post that include files that actually
illustrate the problems.

So in conclusion I have several more week's of frustrating struggles
with Microsoft's bugs or design flaws (I don't even know which applies
in this case) to add to the long list of reasons why I hate using
Microsoft's products.

"Shannon Jacobs" wrote:
Shannon Jacobs wrote:
The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several
weeks ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to
see the font controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing
pane in a 4 point font, but when that is visible, the font size is
grayed out and not changeable.

I originally posted this question in two of the old public word
newsgroups. I was rather surprised there was no response--only to
discover that Microsoft has apparently cut them off and left them
floating in limbo. On this official Microsoft server, this seems to
be the most relevant newsgroup. Or is there some other newsgroup or
some other server I should be asking in?

Whoops, I must be tired. I forgot to note that the attached file (on the OP)
is new and empty, but still shows the problem.

Stephen Holl Stephen Holl is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Jacobs[_2_] View Post
Shannon Jacobs wrote:[color=darkred][i]
The reviewing pane is no longer readable. Condition appeared several
weeks ago and persists through all documents. Sometimes I'm able to
see the font controls showing that Word is displaying the reviewing
pane in a 4 point font, but when that is visible, the font size is
grayed out and not changeable...
After trying the suggestions in MSWord Help and looking at various posts I happened across this one and it sparked a thought. One particular PC in my office has been showing the document pane in microscopic font sizes. The PC happens to have a wheel mouse. I just discovered that the following will change the zoom in the document map.
(1) Point to somewhere in the document map and then click and hold the right mouse button.
(2) While doing that click and hold the control key.
(3) While still doing (1) and (2) scroll the wheel on the wheel mouse to zoom the contents of the document map. (I still don't know how to get exactly 100%)
--Stephen Holl