Stalin777

Default IncludeText field - source same doc

Im trying to include an INCLUDE text field within a word 2002 doc.
Im trying to update the header information based on a text I bookmarked.
Whats the syntax for linking to a bookmark within the same document. Is this
possible?

Example:
INCLUDETEXT "C:\TEST.doc" Univeral_Date \!

Word Heretic

G'day Stalin777 ,

you use a x-ref field to x-ref to bookmarks in the document.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Stalin777 reckoned:

Im trying to include an INCLUDE text field within a word 2002 doc.
Im trying to update the header information based on a text I bookmarked.
Whats the syntax for linking to a bookmark within the same document. Is this
possible?

Example:
INCLUDETEXT "C:\TEST.doc" Univeral_Date \!

Stalin777

Thanks
It seems I was trying to make it harder than needed....

I was trying to use the INCLUDE text because it allows only updating of
the source and updates automatically within the document. Is there a
switch that does the same using the REF command?

Word Heretic

G'day "Stalin777" ,

Sort of. What you can do is have some content that is dynamically
linked via your INCLUDE field, then place a bookmark around this whole
area, and x-ref to it as required.

It would be easier to provide an example of what you are trying to
achieve and let us suggest the mechanisms.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Stalin777 reckoned: