Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eob eob is offline

Default Word 2007 Ribbon

Is there any way to get back to the 2003 look & feel?
I've used Office products for 16 years & am lost without the 'normal' menus
- which I continue to use at work. I made the mistake of buying office 2007,
thinking it was an improvement as most other of the upgrades have been in the
past.
I am not graphically oriented so the pictures shown in the ribbon is
basically incomprehensible to me.
While I have many 2003 key combinations memorized, I don't have all of them
and I can't find where they are now - even after looking in the help files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There are a couple of add-ins that can partly restore the old
interface. See the reviews at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...mizeRibbon.htm,

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:42:01 -0700, eob
wrote:

Is there any way to get back to the 2003 look & feel?
I've used Office products for 16 years & am lost without the 'normal' menus
- which I continue to use at work. I made the mistake of buying office 2007,
thinking it was an improvement as most other of the upgrades have been in the
past.
I am not graphically oriented so the pictures shown in the ribbon is
basically incomprehensible to me.
While I have many 2003 key combinations memorized, I don't have all of them
and I can't find where they are now - even after looking in the help files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While the linked utility that Jay mentions is excellent and even its free
version will add the main drop down menus, there is no way to get the look
and feel of Word 2003 in Word 2007. Most of the 2003 keyboard shortcuts
should work and most of the functionality is buried in the new version. All
you have to do is learn where

If you still have Word 2003, you could re-install it and use it in parallel
with Word 2007 until you are up to speed with the new version. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm