Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cathy Cathy is offline

Default hyperlink to comment or a pop-up box

I have an on-line form that has been working fairly well, its protected and
people have no problem using it. The "problem" is that they are not anwering
one question completely so I would like to have an example of what type (and
level of detail) we expect for an answer. My sample is not too long, but
long enough to make the form go to 2 pages (which we are trying to avoid).
So what I would like is a way to create a hyperlink that would open a
comment. Then I can just add "click here for a sample" rather than my 4
sentence sample. I know I could put it as a comment, but then I need to tell
everyone to open it as a "reviewer" with show final markup which would make
it even more complicated.

In a nutshell, I want to be able to have "click here to view sample" and
when they click another window, text box, comment pops up with the sample
text. The text should only appear when they click the link, I don't want it
to appear when the form is printed, first opened, etc. This form gets
emailed to the requestor and then emailed back so I cannot have the link go
to another document (because they wouldn't have it).