Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholson89 Nicholson89 is offline

Default Word not passing cookies when using CTRL+Click

We are trying to document a new web application using Word 2003. As part of
the documentation, there are hyperlinks. These hyperlinks are links to a web
site that is in a secure area, so when people click on the links, they are
redirected to first log into the web site. Once they log in, they are not
directed to the site they clicked on in the hyperlink. This seems to be
because Word does not pass the cookies on when doing a CTRL+Click. Our work
around for the moment is to save the Word document as an HTML file. Since
it's an HTML file, you no longer have to do a CTRL+Click, but just a normal
Click on the hyperlink. This still redirects the user to log in to the
secure web site, but once logged in, the proper site will be displayed. Is
this how Word 2003 is expected to work? I've tried the same thing in Word
2007 using the new document format, and it handles the hyperlinks in the same
way. Any suggestions on how to make this work saving the document as a DOC
file instead of an HTML file?

ctrl + click restricted [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 August 1st 07 11:56 AM
Word: Ctrl+click on a cross-ref I've created opens the reviewing p Mako Microsoft Word Help 2 April 3rd 07 01:14 PM
I can no longer click (ctrl + click on a web link) in Word 2003. mediaguy Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 06 10:52 PM
CTRL-click for links? James New Users 3 September 28th 05 05:51 PM
CTRL+ Click to follow hyperlinks in word 2002 Liz Microsoft Word Help 2 December 9th 04 08:29 PM