Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruno.H. Bruno.H. is offline

Default Page num from 02-06, than no Page num., than back Page num. from 0

I want to create a 2 Documents.

First one is a Diploma work for my close girlfriend and she need something
like this:
She want to create a Word Document with the existing pegination from page 02
to page 06 (of course, page 01 must not be included in any pagination).
But, after the page 06, she need that range of pages from 07 - 08 would not
be in any pagination (no page numbering at all), and than back page numbering
existing from page 09 to 20, but with the "reset page numbering", starts back
again from page 01, allmost as the story that she works on a some completelly
new document in MS Word.

A litlle more question here from me is how to place, even a page numbering
after the page 08 in upper mentioned document, even with "continuous page
numbering", so that the page numbering would not again starts with the number
01, but regullar number 09?

-----------------------

And the last, third question from me, because I am not sure that this all
resolve even a problem fith one page difference (above example has two pages
range...).

I want to create a 33 page document, that has all the regullary "continued
page numbering", except that pages 11, 21 and 31 will be excluded from any
page numbering at all - this is a pages that it will be written "This page is
itentionally left blank"...
Even more, how to reset the page numbering in the last question here, so
that after the all 3 mentioned left pages blank, page numbering starts from
beginnig - from page 01...

I believe that all what I asked here is the pretty mutch the same problem,
and that all has the same more or less complex solution...

I know that I asked mutch, but this 4, to me related questions puzzles me
for 2 months by now, and finally reviled with the fact that I am forced to
find a proper solution, because it has more and more urgent problem mather to
me...

Very great thanks anyone who can help me.

P.S.: I am not quite familiar with Macros, Field codes input and all the
simillar, so, please, please be detailed as mutch as you can...

Thank you for your patience!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm. This
will introduce you to the useful concepts of sections and displaying/not
displaying numbers, restarting numbering, etc. You might also want to look
at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.

In your case I would suggest to you that it is conventional in publishing
for even blank pages to have a number (whether printed on the page or not),
and it is also conventional for blank pages to be completely blank. The
latter can be accomplished with an Odd or Even Page Break, which will cause
Word to insert a completely blank page when needed, but it you need text on
the "blank" page, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm.

"Bruno.H." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruno.H. Bruno.H. is offline

Default Page num from 02-06, than no Page num., than back Page num. fr

Thank you verry mutch for your help.
I thought, that there will not be any help till Monday :-)

I will read carefull all of it, and polite post my findings as soon I finish
working with my gilfriend graduate work, and etc....

Best regards, Bruno.

"Bruno.H." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruno.H. Bruno.H. is offline

I got almoust a whole picture now. All is pretty easy, when you do a litlle
experiment and finally got your logic that sections controll page numbers and
not the document it self.

There is just one more thing:

HOW TO LEAVE FIRST 7 PAGES WITHOUT ANY PAGINATION AND THAN START WITH 01
PAGE, BUT ON ACTUALLY PAGE 08 IN THE DOCUMENT.

That's all that I do not know how to do....

Thank you!

"Bruno.H." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to unlink the header or footer (wherever the page number is) in
Section 2 from the header/footer in Section 1 (click on the Same as Previous
or Link to Previous button on the Header and Footer toolbar to turn it off).
Then delete the page number in the Section 1 header/footer. In Section 2,
click Format Page Number on the H&F toolbar and select Start at 1.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.