Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Exporting settings/preferences from Word 2002 to Word 2000

I don't think so. That is, I don't actually know whether you can export
the settings to an *earlier* version---but I can tell you that exporting
the settings is not going to solve the problem that Word 2000 doesn't
have the same options in Track Changes as Word 2002. They added a lot
of features (like balloons in the margin, I believe) between Word 2000
and Word 2002, and there is nothing you can do about that except
consider buying a newer version of Word.

Repost if I misunderstood what you are hoping to do.

7h95g wrote:
I have Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 running on winXP pro desktop and Word 2000
(Microsoft Office 2000) on a laptop.

Can I export all the Word settings/preferences from the desktop to the
laptop?
My primary problem is that the Word version on the laptop doesn't seem to
have the same options available in Track Changes.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received,

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Furthermore, Word 2002 was in some ways the *worst* for handling of Track
Changes (no choice of formatting for deleted text, for example, and comments
that disappear because the commented text isn't highlighted). Its
deficiencies were corrected in Word 2003.