Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default cannot send word docs in emails

when I try to send a document from word in email, word shuts down. when I try
to send word docs as attachments from hotmail or Windows mail, no one can
open them? What is docx? Is windows mail the same as outlook because outlook
is nowhere on my computer. I have office 2007 and windows vista. Please help.
thank you.
--
James
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Outlook is part of Office (though I think it may be missing from some
versions)
Docx is the document format of Word 2007. If you expect others who don't
have 2007 to open them you need to save as Word97-2003 format. (doc).
I don't know anything about hotmail or gmail.