Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OfficeNDN[_2_] OfficeNDN[_2_] is offline

Default Tracking sent/incoming mail

I would like to keep track of outgoing and incoming mail; date sent/received,
item sent, document sent, address sent to, etc.. I also would like to keep a
list of my addresses that I use. I then would begin to enter the address
using Word 2002 and it's letters and mailings function and a list of possible
matches would come up and I would pick the correct address from the list.
How do I accomplish this?

I am think that I would use word and their mail merge function for the
entering addresses portion. I also think that I could keep a database
containing the data on the incoming/outgoing mail using excel 2002.

Is that right? What other programs or functions would I use for this?

I would like to be pointed in the right direction before I spend too much
time on it.

Thank you