Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
doctekeie doctekeie is offline

Default How do I edit text when in print preview in Word 2007?

How do I edit text when in print preview in Word 2007? In previous versions
of Word, in print preview mode, I could click the text in the area to edit,
then click the magnifier. When the pointer changed from a magnifying glass to
an I-beam, I could make changes to the document.

This does not work in (my) Word 2007. Is there another technique for this
action in Word 2007?

Thanks,
Ellen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It isn't available by default the way it was in 2003. You need to add the
Magnifier command to the QAT and/or assign a keyboard shortcut for the
command.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/20/07 4:32 AM, in article
, "doctekeie"
wrote:

How do I edit text when in print preview in Word 2007? In previous versions
of Word, in print preview mode, I could click the text in the area to edit,
then click the magnifier. When the pointer changed from a magnifying glass to
an I-beam, I could make changes to the document.

This does not work in (my) Word 2007. Is there another technique for this
action in Word 2007?

Thanks,
Ellen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Bob,

The 'Magnifier' control in Print Preview in Word 2007 is available in the Print Preview Ribbon (although if working with the
ribbon compressed it might not be recalled as available g)

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

On 9/20/07 4:32 AM, in article