Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike G. Mike G. is offline

Default Need to add detailed help to forms

I want to add detailed help to my form, but my help is too long. I tried to
make a hyper link to another document to provide help, but the link won't
work with the form locked.

I'd love to have 'help appear' when they hover with the mouse, any
suggestion for any of these?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Mike:

I think you may need to use active x controls if possible in your version of
Word. (The controls that appear in the Control Toolbox.) While I understand
that this adds considerable processing overhead to your form, it's the only
way I know of to get what you want.

Your controls can then be programmed to open a user form of your own design,
or a help document, or (I think) even be linked to topics in a conventional
HTML Help system.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000