Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Jones Pam Jones is offline

Default Why has the "Normal.dot" facility in Word 2007 disappeared?

I can't use macros, auto text and styles that were made in Office 2000. Is
this an upgrade, or a "downgrade"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is still a normal template in Word 2007 - it is called normal.dotm to
reflect the new file format.
The majority of macros that would work in Word 2000 will still work, though
there are a few changes - in particular to the way autotext works. Autotext
still works albeit without the autocomplete.
The styles in your Word 2000 templates will still be present if those
templates are used with Word 2007.

Pam Jones wrote:
I can't use macros, auto text and styles that were made in Office
2000. Is this an upgrade, or a "downgrade"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you saying that you placed the Normal.dot from Word 2000 in your
Templates folder for Word 2007 and it's not being recognized?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word