Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephen Cassels Stephen Cassels is offline

Default Creating a Tagged PDF from a Locked Word form

Hi,

It appears that it is not possible for PDF conversion software, i.e. Adobe,
to create an accessible PDF (one that is tagged in Adobe parlance) from a
locked down Word 2003 form document;

We have created a 'well authored' Word 2003 template that uses Word styles
to identify document structure in preparation for conversion to PDF. We then
used the Forms toolbar to identify form fields for our users to complete and
used the 'Protect Form' option from the Forms toolbar.

Now when a user creates a document from our template, they cannot create an
accessible PDF document because Word prevents Adobe software from accessing
the document styles because of the 'Protect Form' selection we made to the
template. A catch 22 position.

Has anyone come across this when trying to use Word to create accessible PDF
documents and have a solution??

Stephen
--

Stephen