Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Rowe Graham Rowe is offline

Default Paragraph numbering in MS Word 2003

I work frequently on reports which require consequetively numbered main
headings and have managed that through the use of styles so heading 1
reflects that.

I need to have the text which follows that scheme of numbering as follows:-

For example

1. Heading 1

1.1. Text

1.2. Text

1.3. Text

2. Heading 1

2.1. Text

2.2 Text

3. Heading 1

3.1 Text

3.2 Text

Can anyone give me some help on how I can achieve that result. I apologise
in advance if this is an obvious question to many but numbering paragraphs I
find really difficult
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Set this up as an outline-numbered list, making sure to set the style used
for your "text" paragraphs as level 2. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP