Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeldard jeldard is offline

Default How do I turn off tracking as the default?

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeldard jeldard is offline

I guess I was unclear. I don't want to see all tracking changes and comments
when I open my documents. But I do want to be able to see any hidden comments
in the documents when I place the cursor over text highlighted because it
contains a hidden comment.

"jeldard" wrote:

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This has nothing to do with turning off tracking (which is off by default in
new documents in any case) but with hiding markup. Any document containing
markup (tracked changes or comments) will (by default) open with the
Reviewing toolbar displayed and in Final Showing Markup view. There is a
setting on the Security tab of Tools | Options to "Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving." You can disable this option (though I don't
recommend it), but many users have reported that it doesn't actually solve
the problem. You may have to resign yourself to just switching to Final view
when you open the document.

"jeldard" wrote:

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeldard jeldard is offline

I cannot find Security tab of Tools | Options to "Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving." in Word 2007

"jeldard" wrote:

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, this is why it would be helpful for you to specify what version you're
using, *especially* when it's Word 2007, which has a very different UI. The
Options in general in Word 2007 are under Office Button | Word Options. I
don't know whether the Security Options are there or elsewhere.

news

"jeldard" wrote:

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Click on the Office Button (Round orb in the top left)
Select the Word Options button - bottom right
Click the Trust Center tab
Click the Trust Center Settings
Click the Privacy Options tab.
Clear the checkmark from "Make hidden markup visible when opening or
saving"

I would also place a checkmark in "Warn before printing, saving or
sending a file that contains tracked changes or comments."

That way you would be reminded that there is hidden information stored
in the document that you may not want to share with others. This is a
setting that is done on your computer and will have absolutely no effect
on your clients computers. They will see the tracked changes when *they*
open their copy of the document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

news

"jeldard" wrote:

How do I turn off tracking as my default? But I also want to still see
comments by mouseover on the highlighted area.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/25/2007 8:02 AM