Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
darrel darrel is offline

Default Sample .DOC files on MS's site anywhere for downloading?

We offer .doc files (2003) on our web site and once in a while we get a
complaint that they can't download the files properly. 99% of the time it's
due to some odd issue with their computer.

I'd like to be able to send them to some web site that has .doc files on it
for downloading to see if they can succesfully download from that other site
(assumign they can't, and they'll understand it's an issue on their end, not
ours).

Anyone know off hand if there are any .doc links on Microsoft.com's site? Or
can anyone suggest another relatively innocuous web site that might have a
few .doc files on it that I could send folks to test their downloading
abilities?

-Darrel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There are scads of sites on the web that has .doc files available. Just
Google ".doc" + download. See what you get

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"darrel" wrote in message
We offer .doc files (2003) on our web site and once in a while we get a
complaint that they can't download the files properly. 99% of the time
it's due to some odd issue with their computer.

I'd like to be able to send them to some web site that has .doc files on
it for downloading to see if they can succesfully download from that other
site (assumign they can't, and they'll understand it's an issue on their
end, not ours).

Anyone know off hand if there are any .doc links on Microsoft.com's site?
Or can anyone suggest another relatively innocuous web site that might
have a few .doc files on it that I could send folks to test their
downloading abilities?

-Darrel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
darrel darrel is offline

There are scads of sites on the web that has .doc files available. Just
Google ".doc" + download. See what you get

I'd rather not send customers to random web sites with unknown .doc files on
it, though.

-Darrel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Do a search on Microsoft for White Papers and you'll come up with their
links that will take you to docs.