Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wayne[_2_] Wayne[_2_] is offline

Default Error Msg on startup of Word 2007 (A New Document.Ink)

Help if you can... We just switched from Office 2000 to Office 2007 - so far
the only problem is with Word. Everytime I start it I get the Error Message:

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'A New Document.Ink'
refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or
the network resource is available, and then try again."

If I just hit the OK button, I get the message again, after three times it
goes away and I can use Word.

Yes, I have a home network and am on a DSL/Router etc, but I don't know what
"shortcut" is the message talks about or where to find it.

You can "un doctor" my e-mail address and send me a reply if you know the
answer.
--
Thank you
Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It could be there is a shortcut in one of your Startup folders that is
pointing to a missing template. Locate your Word Startup folder, if you
didn't change then these steps should help you quickly find it:

- Go to Start/Run and type %AppData% and press Enter. This will open an
Exploring window with the contents of your profile displayed.
- Then open the Microsoft\Word\Startup folder
- Move any files you find out of the folder

The other Startup folder is the Office\Startup folder (or Office12\Startup)
which is located in the Office installation path, typically in your Program
Files under the Microsoft Office folder. If you find any files in that
folder move them out of the folder as well.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word