Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Legallisa Legallisa is offline

Default Word 2007 Quick Access Ribon

Hi All,

I love the Quick Access Ribbon. However, I would like to be able to create
my own symbols so that it is easier for me to remember what they mean. Or, I
would like to be able to create text so that it appears under the symbol.

Also, I would like to add a MACRO button to the Menu Bar and I don't see a
way to do that. In Word 2003 I have a MACRO button and I drag and drop my
macros into that pull down menu and I love it -- I can't figure out how to do
that in Word 2007.

Help is appreciated.

Lisa
Switching to Word after 28 years in WordPerfect -- aargh!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Currently you can't modify the buttons for the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
If you add a macro to the QAT you can select an image but you can't create
your own for those either. :-( We hope to see this change in the next
version.

To add a macro to your QAT follow these steps:
- Right-click the QAT and then click Customize QAT
- In the "Choose commands from" list, select macros
- Select your macro and then click Add to add it to your QAT
- To modify the image or ScreenTip, select your newly added macro and then
click Modify

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Legallisa" wrote in message
Hi All,

I love the Quick Access Ribbon. However, I would like to be able to
create
my own symbols so that it is easier for me to remember what they mean.
Or, I
would like to be able to create text so that it appears under the symbol.

Also, I would like to add a MACRO button to the Menu Bar and I don't see a
way to do that. In Word 2003 I have a MACRO button and I drag and drop my
macros into that pull down menu and I love it -- I can't figure out how to
do
that in Word 2007.

Help is appreciated.

Lisa
Switching to Word after 28 years in WordPerfect -- aargh!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Legallisa" wrote in message
Hi All,

I love the Quick Access Ribbon. However, I would like to be able to
create
my own symbols so that it is easier for me to remember what they mean.
Or, I
would like to be able to create text so that it appears under the symbol.

Also, I would like to add a MACRO button to the Menu Bar and I don't see a
way to do that. In Word 2003 I have a MACRO button and I drag and drop my
macros into that pull down menu and I love it -- I can't figure out how to
do
that in Word 2007.

Help is appreciated.

Lisa
Switching to Word after 28 years in WordPerfect -- aargh!

Thanks Beth,

I had figured that out, but I've added so many macros that I'm running out
of room. I hope they can change that soon. I found a previous post with 49
replies, but most of them were banterings back and forth. There was mention
of third party programs -- does anyone know if they really work?

LB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you still have access to Word 2003, you can use it to create custom
toolbars which can be associated with the Add-ins tab on the 2007 ribbon -
see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm .

If you want to modify the ribbon itself it can be done -
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm but you may find it much
easier to edit using the ribbon customizer - http://ribboncustomizer.com/

"Legallisa" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Beth

There was me hoping the Servicepack was going to enable modified QAT button
images!

Terry

"Legallisa" wrote in message
Hi All,

I love the Quick Access Ribbon. However, I would like to be able to
create
my own symbols so that it is easier for me to remember what they mean.
Or, I
would like to be able to create text so that it appears under the symbol.

Also, I would like to add a MACRO button to the Menu Bar and I don't see
way to do that. In Word 2003 I have a MACRO button and I drag and drop
my
macros into that pull down menu and I love it -- I can't figure out how
to do
that in Word 2007.

Help is appreciated.

Lisa
Switching to Word after 28 years in WordPerfect -- aargh!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Legallisa" wrote in message
[...]

Can't wait to try these ideas!!! Not sure as a newbie if I'll be able to figure it out though! Thanks.

LB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Legallisa" wrote in message
[...]

OK, so I purchase ribboncustomizer. It's pretty cool, but still doesn't do
what I'd like. I want to be able to click on a drop down menu within the
group I created (called Lisa's Macros) and run one of my macros. Greg Maxey
shows how to do it in the link you provided, but I'm not smart enough to
figure out how he did it, darn it, even though his instructions are
illustrations are great. I had hoped that my installing ribboncustomizer
that I could then recreate what he did, but I can't. Oh well.

LB