Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan4321 Stefan4321 is offline

Default Delete menu entry from Word menu bar

Hi,

In Word (Office 2003) an application has installed additional menus in the
menu bar. Upon uninstalling the application, the additional menus in the menu
bar are still there. How do I delete these additional menus from the menu bar?

I have hunted under tools|options|commands, but haven't found a way to
delete this. And a web search suggested drag the stray menu off the menu bar,
but this does not work.

Other suggestions please.

Much obliged,

Stefan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kensche CreativeTemplateSolutions Kathy Kensche CreativeTemplateSolutions is offline

You have two options: getting rid of the symptom or the cause. To get rid of
the symptom (toolbar entry) hold ALT and go to the toolbar button and drag it
off the desktop. Alternatively go Tools - Customize and select the menu item
and drag it off the desktop. Chances are it'll be back next time you open
Word. That'll mean that you have to get rid of the cause. The application you
loaded added a file to Word that loads the menu item. You will have to find
where this item has been loaded and delete it. That could be in the Word
Start-up folder or in your profile and loaded via a registry entry or
similar. Try a search on your C:drive for all *.dot files and have a look at
the file names. Anything that sounds like your application could have loaded?
If so try to move it into another folder and re-open Word. You'll have to
experiment a bit. Another way is to go to Tools - Templates and Add-ins and
see whether there is anything new loaded in the Global template and add-ins
bit and remove it from there (which will leave it on but remove it from being
displayed).
Hope one of these will work for you?!
--
Kathy Kensche CTS Creative Template Solutions Ltd.

Please do not contact me directly unless you wish CTS to propose a
commercial solution for your template.