Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OneConfusedMomma OneConfusedMomma is offline

Default How do I insert a section in a resume?

I downloaded a resume template, but I need to insert a few more employment
history entries. They appear to be in table format, but I'm not certain
about that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, it's a table. You can add rows in the usual ways, but if you want to
duplicate the formatting, you may need to select two rows (a heading one and
a body one, IIRC) and copy/paste. Or you can try using Table | Insert | Row
Below for the heading and Table | Insert Row Above for the body.

Make sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you
can see the cell boundaries; that will help a lot!

"OneConfusedMomma" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a resume template, but I need to insert a few more employment
history entries. They appear to be in table format, but I'm not certain
about that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

In case of a table, you can add a row to the end of the table if you click in
the last cell in the table and press the Tab key.

You can insert row(s) in the middle of a table via Table Insert Rows
Above/Rows Below. Word will insert as many rows as you have selected
beforehand.

For more details about working wit tables, see:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ableBasics.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"OneConfusedMomma" wrote:

I downloaded a resume template, but I need to insert a few more employment
history entries. They appear to be in table format, but I'm not certain
about that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OneConfusedMomma OneConfusedMomma is offline

Thank you both for your replies. I was able to use the copy/paste method,
but it sent the inserted rows to the next page, and that would be fine, but
it removed the grid at the top. How do I correct that? Sorry, but I've
never used Tables in Word before.

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, it's a table. You can add rows in the usual ways, but if you want to
duplicate the formatting, you may need to select two rows (a heading one and
a body one, IIRC) and copy/paste. Or you can try using Table | Insert | Row
Below for the heading and Table | Insert Row Above for the body.

Make sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you
can see the cell boundaries; that will help a lot!

"OneConfusedMomma" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a resume template, but I need to insert a few more employment
history entries. They appear to be in table format, but I'm not certain
about that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Turn on the table grid and nonprinting characters. Its like turning a light
on in a dark room.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
"OneConfusedMomma" wrote in
message ...

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, it's a table. You can add rows in the usual ways, but if you want to
duplicate the formatting, you may need to select two rows (a heading one
and
a body one, IIRC) and copy/paste. Or you can try using Table | Insert |
Row
Below for the heading and Table | Insert Row Above for the body.

Make sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so
you
can see the cell boundaries; that will help a lot!

so
all may benefit.

"OneConfusedMomma" wrote in
message ...
I downloaded a resume template, but I need to insert a few more
employment
history entries. They appear to be in table format, but I'm not
certain
about that.

Insert section break Bernie Dwyer Formatting Long Documents 3 September 25th 07 09:06 AM
insert a section dsjr Page Layout 2 January 14th 07 03:18 AM
How do I insert a active website link into my resume i use office Brian Rayment Mailmerge 0 June 17th 06 03:22 PM
Insert a section break and keep section together on one page Teri Page Layout 4 April 25th 06 06:20 PM
what is the objective section of a resume? nickdm5 Microsoft Word Help 3 July 18th 05 05:31 AM