Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marc[_3_] Marc[_3_] is offline

Default How can I get 2 views of the same document?

Say I have got a document and I want a view of page 'a' in one word
application and a view of page 'b' in another second word application, how
can I do that? No matter what, if I open the same document twice it focusses
on the view I already started. This is very annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You don't tell which Word version you use. In Word 2003 (and older, I think),
there are two methods you could use:

Method 1 - split the window:
Select Window Split which divides the window horizontally into two panes
by inserting a split bar. Click where you want to position the split bar that
appears. You can now work in each of the two panes, scroll up and down, set
individual zoom, etc.

To return to a single pane: double-click the split bar or drag the split bar
to the top or bottom of the window or select Window Remove Split.

Method 2 - open a new window with the same document:
Select Window New Window. This adds an extra window with the same
document. You can then arrange the window e.g. side by side. It is still the
same document but you can work in each of the windows individually and any
changes made in one of the windows will be reflected in the other window.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Marc" wrote:

Say I have got a document and I want a view of page 'a' in one word
application and a view of page 'b' in another second word application, how
can I do that? No matter what, if I open the same document twice it focusses
on the view I already started. This is very annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marc[_3_] Marc[_3_] is offline

"Lene Fredborg" wrote

You don't tell which Word version you use. In Word 2003 (and older, I
think),
there are two methods you could use:

Thanks, it is 2003, and your solution works perfectly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Note that in Word 2003 there is a Window | Compare Side by Side command that
you can use after you've used the New Window command.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote