Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Hutchings Stan Hutchings is offline

Default transfer word 2003 normal.dot to word 2007

Got a new computer with Win Vista Home Premium and Office 2007. I want to
transfer my old computer WinXP Word 2003 normal.dot, macros, autocorrect,
dictionary, etc. to the new computer Word 2007.
Tried replacing normal.dotm with normal.dot, no good; renaming to
normal.dotm gave errors. No idea how to get autocorrect and dictionary
transferred. How can I transfer all the time spent configuring Word 2003 to
Word 2007?
I cannot find any help on the Online Word 2007 help - surely I'm not the
only person to upgrade? Isn't there a section for this kind of information?
Thanks for any help.
Stan