Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Default Task pane controller

Some time ago, I downloaded a Task Pane Controller which works well in Word.
I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is something similar for Excel 2003.
I can view the Task Pane via the View toolbar but it 'floats', i.e. it will
not stay put as it does in Word. This is really annoying when I tab along
columns and the Task Pane moves!

Sorry to ask in a Word newsgroup but I can't find an equivalent in Excel.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You shouldn't need any 3rd party stuff for this:-)

In Excel - with the Task Pane displayed - position your pointer in the gray
space just to the right of the Home icon. Drag the Pane to either edge of
the screen - top, bottom, left, right - until it snaps into a docked
position. It should stay there and continue to reappear in that location any
time it's activated... even after restarting the program. Are you finding
that it doesn't do so?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"oe" wrote in message
Some time ago, I downloaded a Task Pane Controller which works well in
Word. I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is something similar for
Excel 2003. I can view the Task Pane via the View toolbar but it 'floats',
i.e. it will not stay put as it does in Word. This is really annoying when
I tab along columns and the Task Pane moves!

Sorry to ask in a Word newsgroup but I can't find an equivalent in Excel.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Thanks for your help.
For some reason, the task pane had come slightly adrift from the right-hand
side of the screen, whch was causing it to 'jump' when I tabbed to the
right.
It's fine now.

"oe" wrote in message
Some time ago, I downloaded a Task Pane Controller which works well in
Word. I wonder if anyone can tell me if there is something similar for
Excel 2003. I can view the Task Pane via the View toolbar but it
'floats', i.e. it will not stay put as it does in Word. This is really
annoying when I tab along columns and the Task Pane moves!

Sorry to ask in a Word newsgroup but I can't find an equivalent in Excel.

TIA

Task Pane now Task Pain...? Kenneth Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 06 06:11 PM
Task Pane Teri Microsoft Word Help 4 September 12th 06 09:23 PM
XML Task Pane? NIKKI Microsoft Word Help 4 March 8th 06 04:35 AM
TASK PANE (or whatever it is), or is it TASK PAIN in the you know gman Page Layout 4 March 31st 05 09:44 PM
Task Pane Kevin New Users 1 March 28th 05 04:45 AM