Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jalexboo Jalexboo is offline

Default How do I automatically insert month, year?

I have documents where the day, the month and the year need to automatically
inserted. In WORD PERFECT it was ever so easy. In WORD, you have to go to
insert, field and type how you want it to look (i.e., mm, yyyy)
In Word Perfect, you only needed to set it up once in your field choices and
it was forever there. So many fewer steps. Which seems to be the major
issue with WORD. It takes so many MORE steps to do the same thing that in WP
only took 1 or 2 steps at the most.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You don't have to go through Insert Field. Instead, go to Insert Date
and Time. In that dialog, you can just double-click the form you want, or
single-click it and press OK. The "Update automatically" option, if checked,
causes a DATE field to be inserted; if it's unchecked, plain text will be
inserted. The field will update each time you open the document, while the
plain text will keep its original value.

The default keystroke Alt+Shift+D inserts a DATE field. To set the form it
uses, choose one in the Insert Date and Time dialog and click the Default
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman