Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marsha9999 marsha9999 is offline

Default my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word 2003. When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't keep it
from dissappearing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Check the formatting of the Hyperlink and FollowedHyperlink character styles
(which are used to format the text of a hyperlink) so that they haven't been
modified to include hidden or white text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word 2003. When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marsha9999 marsha9999 is offline

How do you check the formatting of the hyperlink and followedhyperlink
character styles so that they haven't been modified to include hidden or
white text?

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word 2003. When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Format menu, click Styles and Formatting. If "Hyperlink" and
"FollowedHyperlink" are not listed: Under "Show," click "Custom," make sure
the style names are checked, and then click OK. Under "Show," choose "All
Styles."

When you can see the styles, right-click each of them to bring up the
context menu. Click the Modify command.

In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Font, and make sure that the
font color is "Black" (or "Auto") and that the "Hidden" option is cleared.
When you are done, click OK to close the Font dialog box. Then click OK to
close the Modify Style dialog box.

Does this fix the issue?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word 2003.
When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed
disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't
keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meanmarv Meanmarv is offline

Stephan,

I'm having the same issue and have gone through all the steps you have
suggested. I have also re-loaded Office 2003 in case there was a damaged
file, I tried to make a hyperlink in Excel and it works just fine.
I have gone to tools, auto correct and checked all of that.
When I make a email hyperlink in a Doc the text turns underlined blue and
looks like it should but you cannot get it to activate, When you go back to
edit hyperlink it is not listed in the box where placed when created.
Documents created in other versions (2000) work fine in 2003 but you just
cannot create a link either email or web. It like something is turned off but
all the fore mentioned has been verified.
Thank you for any suggestions. I'm running Win2000 pro. BTW.
--
MJ

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word 2003.
When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed
disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't
keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you saying that, if you press Alt+F9, you don't see any HYPERLINK
fields? Then something must be wrong. Have you tried to repair the Word
installation? You can do this via Add and Remove Program in Control Panel
(actually, for Word 2000, I think that is the only option).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word
2003.
When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed
disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't
keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meanmarv Meanmarv is offline

I finally re-installed IE using this link and Method II. this is what worked
for me as it appeared IE6 wanted to control hyperlinks. Odd part was Excel
hyperlinks worked just fine bur I guess Word has more interdependence.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_r...e_and_oe_6.htm

--
MJ

"marsha9999" wrote:

my hyperlink disappears and alt + F9 doesn't help. I have word
2003.
When I
type a web address the hyperlink is there but the text I typed
disappears. I
tried clicking alt F9 and I tried editing the hyperlink, but I can't
keep it
from dissappearing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, I never would have guessed that this could be an issue with the
browser. Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP