Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
darrel darrel is offline

Default Non-proportional scaling of images...can it be done?

I'd like to use some images to create mini inline bar-graphs in my word
document.

I was hoping I could paste in some 10px x 10px images and then scale them to
represent the graph. Ie, one instance of the image might be 10px x 20px and
another 10px x 3px.

I can't seem to figure that out in Word 2007, though. Any attempt at
resizing the height using the 'image toolbar ribbon' also proportionally
scales the width.

One other question...is there any way to change the units of measurement in
the image scaling window? Pts. would be preferrable, or, ideally, ems so
that the images scale properly with the text (though I'm probably asking too
much for that last one...)

-Darrel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

When you have the Format Picture tools displayed on the Ribbon, in the Size
Group click the little button in the lower right corner of the Group.
Alternatively, rt-click the image & select Size from the contextual menu.

Remove the check for Lock Aspect Ratio to enable resizing
disproportionately. When you specify the size in points enter it as 10pt (or
10pi for Picas) & it will be accepted. Unfortunately ems & pixels aren't
options.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"darrel" wrote in message
I'd like to use some images to create mini inline bar-graphs in my word
document.

I was hoping I could paste in some 10px x 10px images and then scale them
to represent the graph. Ie, one instance of the image might be 10px x 20px
and another 10px x 3px.

I can't seem to figure that out in Word 2007, though. Any attempt at
resizing the height using the 'image toolbar ribbon' also proportionally
scales the width.

One other question...is there any way to change the units of measurement
in the image scaling window? Pts. would be preferrable, or, ideally, ems
so that the images scale properly with the text (though I'm probably
asking too much for that last one...)

-Darrel

Why is picture scaling not 100%? GMc Microsoft Word Help 2 August 2nd 07 09:22 PM
Scaling KJ Microsoft Word Help 1 August 3rd 06 09:09 PM
Page scaling problem Louise Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 06 04:47 PM
WHERE CAN i FIND MATHEMATICAL SYMBOL FOR PROPORTIONAL jmccrossen New Users 1 October 21st 05 08:07 PM
How do I undo scaling? AnniePemba Page Layout 0 February 27th 05 02:17 AM