Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jake Jake is offline

Default Change shortcut for main menu items..

Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for
functions or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I am pretty sure that the shortcut for the Office Button is hard wired.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for functions
or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

With the Customize dialog open, right-click on File and change the name from
(in this example) &File to Fi&le. The ampersand causes the following letter
to be the accelerator key for the command.

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for
functions or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Suzanne

Not in 2007 as FILE is not listed unless I am missing something.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
With the Customize dialog open, right-click on File and change the name
from
(in this example) &File to Fi&le. The ampersand causes the following
letter
to be the accelerator key for the command.

so
all may benefit.

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for
functions or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I didn't see any mention of 2007, and the reference to a File menu suggested
an earlier version.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Suzanne

Not in 2007 as FILE is not listed unless I am missing something.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
With the Customize dialog open, right-click on File and change the name
from
(in this example) &File to Fi&le. The ampersand causes the following
letter
to be the accelerator key for the command.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for
functions or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Maybe I have jumped to conclusions. I thought it must be W2007 as I don't
think it can be done and the poster seems sufficiently competent to change
other keyboard shortcuts. Lets see what Tor has to say.

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

How would I change, say, the altF shortcut for the File menu to
something like altL?

In the customize keyboard window I can only assign shortcuts for
functions or submenus...

Thanks a lot for a quick reply to this

regards

Tor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But this isn't a keyboard shortcut (that is, not something that can be
changed through the Customize | Keyboard dialog), and many users do not know
about the context menu for menu/toolbar items in Customize. Moreover, given
the specific mention of the "File menu," I don't see how it could be Word
2007.