Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
denpovlo denpovlo is offline

Default form fields in Word 2007

I'm obviously not a Word superuser, so hopefully this question is not too
silly. I just upgraded to Office 2007, and am a little lost with the new
layout.

I am creating a template with form fields (now called content controls?). I
want to protect the document so that I can only type in the form fields, and
I am used to being able to hit the tab key to move between fields once the
document is protected.

Now it looks like all I can do to move between fields is use the up and down
arrow keys. Any way to go back to using Tab to move between fields?

My problem is that when I get to the bottom of the document, I have to up
arrow through all the fields to get back to the top.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Even Word 2007 allows you to set up a form using the well-known form fields
of Word 97-2003: On the Developer ribbon tab, click the Legacy Tools button
(in the Controls group); there you'll find the text, check box, and dropdown
form fields of previous versions. To protect the document, click Protect
Document (in the Protect group), and click Restrict Formatting and Editing.
In the task pane, click "Allow only this type of editing in the document."
Choose "Filling in forms." To apply the settings, click the "Yes, Start
Enforcing Protection" button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP