Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Noreen Noreen is offline

Default Emailing text in one color comes back another.

When I send a email with a word doc. attached done in office 2003 if received
in 2002 the text colors change. When sent in 2002 to 2002 ok. Is there a fix.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

IIRC, there was a change between XP and 2003 which was the first version to
support more than the basic 16 colours. If you use a non-basic colour in
2003, then XP will substitute the closest colour it supports.

The solution is to change the setting under Tools, Options, Save Tab to
ignore enhancements since Word XXX format rather than use Word 2003 doc
format. However, when you save the document, Word will warn you about the
incompatibility and substitute the colour before as you save the document.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP