Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default File | Save As Options

Some time ago, I did something - sorry, but I have no recollection what I
did, to add certain folders to the vertical "Save In" band which runs down
the left side of the File | SaveAs dialog box.

The added folders are those in which I frequently save Excel files.

The same folders appear in the corresponding situation in Word, but not in
Outlook Express

So, the question is, how did I do it?

--

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:56:33 -0700 from PT :
Some time ago, I did something - sorry, but I have no recollection what I
did, to add certain folders to the vertical "Save In" band which runs down
the left side of the File | SaveAs dialog box.

The added folders are those in which I frequently save Excel files.

The same folders appear in the corresponding situation in Word, but not in
Outlook Express

In the upper-right corner of the Open File chooser, click Tools and
then Add to My Places.

You can reorder the My Places bar at the left by right clicking.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you are referring to Outlook Express then it doesn't use the same dialog
box for Save As and Open as the Office Applications. IOW, what you see in
Word and Excel, such as the shortcut in the Places Bar, will not display in
OE.

Outlook Express uses the Windows dialog control. These don't have the same
options as those in Office. They must be editing using the Registry and
IIRC, TweakUI allows you to customize the shortcuts in the Places Bar as
well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Save Options sasha gottfried New Users 6 January 7th 07 06:23 PM
WHERE IS A SAVE OPTIONS LOCATED AT? Andy New Users 2 June 27th 06 10:08 PM
WHERE IS A SAVE OPTIONS LOCATED AT? Andy Tables 1 June 27th 06 09:12 PM
WHERE IS A SAVE OPTIONS LOCATED AT? Andy Mailmerge 0 June 27th 06 08:28 PM
WHERE IS A SAVE OPTIONS LOCATED AT? Andy Microsoft Word Help 0 June 27th 06 08:23 PM