Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margo Fargo Margo Fargo is offline

Default Opening Word 2007

When I open Word 2007, my document is set for Portrait, 8.5 x 11, sheet of
paper. I have the rule visible. My screen shows an 8.5 x 14 landscape of
paper and the vertical ruler is not where you can grab the blue bar to drag
it down. The cursor is at the very top of the page, although the top margin
is set for 1". I have a feeling it has to do with the template. However, I
downloaded an ExamView Player software program, and this is when I noticed
that this problem occurred. Please help. I used Word all the time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

To check:
click the Start button in the bottom left of your screen, select Run, and
type winword.exe /a.

This will start word without add-ons starting.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Margo Fargo" wrote in message
When I open Word 2007, my document is set for Portrait, 8.5 x 11, sheet
of
paper. I have the rule visible. My screen shows an 8.5 x 14 landscape
of
paper and the vertical ruler is not where you can grab the blue bar to
drag
it down. The cursor is at the very top of the page, although the top
margin
is set for 1". I have a feeling it has to do with the template.
However, I
downloaded an ExamView Player software program, and this is when I
noticed
that this problem occurred. Please help. I used Word all the time.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margo Fargo Margo Fargo is offline

Thanks for your helping me. But when I try to run the name, it saids it
cannot find file name.