Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MicehlleLeo NZ[_2_] MicehlleLeo NZ[_2_] is offline

Default Why are my tables using Eng US and not my set language Eng NZ

I have my regional language set at English NZ,a dn my normal.dotm is all
working with this language, except my two table formats, which are using
English US.

I have checked clearing the fonts, and using normal, but any text within the
table grid changes to English US.

How do I make this go away?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try the following macro:

ActiveDocument.Styles("StyleNameHere").LanguageID = wdEnglishNewZealand

To run the macro, you can press Alt+F11; this displays the Visual Basic
Editor. In the Immediate window (Ctrl+G), type the code above and press
Enter. Repeat this for the other problem table style too.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MicehlleLeo NZ" wrote in message
I have my regional language set at English NZ,a dn my normal.dotm is all
working with this language, except my two table formats, which are using
English US.

I have checked clearing the fonts, and using normal, but any text within
the
table grid changes to English US.

How do I make this go away?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MicehlleLeo NZ MicehlleLeo NZ is offline

I have done as you suggested, but nothing has changed.
I haven't used VB before, do I need a seperate intermediate screen for each
style that is covered, or can I enter after each statement, with all on the
same screen?
Other than entering is there anything else I need to do to apply it to the
document?
If I can ge this to work for the current document, can I then open normal
and apply the same instructions to it and fix all future documents?
And what then happends later on when other users use these templates and use
a diferent style in the table grid?

thanks
MichelleLeo NZ

"MicehlleLeo NZ" wrote:

I have my regional language set at English NZ,a dn my normal.dotm is all
working with this language, except my two table formats, which are using
English US.

I have checked clearing the fonts, and using normal, but any text within the
table grid changes to English US.

How do I make this go away?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As long as you press Enter after each command, it should work to type them
all in the same window (one after the other).

And, yes, if you get the macro to work in a document, you can run it for
any template. Note, however, that if the Normal template is affected, you
may find it easier to close Word, rename the template and then restart Word,
which creates a fresh copy of normal.dotm.

If you can't get the macro to work, try copying the problem table styles
from another document, where the settings are correct.

--

"MicehlleLeo NZ" wrote:

I have my regional language set at English NZ,a dn my normal.dotm is all
working with this language, except my two table formats, which are using
English US.

I have checked clearing the fonts, and using normal, but any text within
the
table grid changes to English US.

How do I make this go away?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you can't get the macro to work, try copying the problem table styles
from another document, where the settings are correct.

Correction: If the table styles are built-in, copy the corresponding,
functioning, styles from a different document or template. If the table
styles are custom, try recreating them in a fresh document, and then copy
them to the problem document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MicehlleLeo NZ" wrote:

I have my regional language set at English NZ,a dn my normal.dotm is all
working with this language, except my two table formats, which are using
English US.

I have checked clearing the fonts, and using normal, but any text within
the
table grid changes to English US.

How do I make this go away?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MicehlleLeo NZ MicehlleLeo NZ is offline

Default Why are my tables using Eng US and not my set language Eng N

THanks, I ahve it sorted now. I realised from what you were saying taht I
needed to work out were the corruption of the table grid had started (all
tables I inserted had US english, no matter what style I sued).

As far as I have been able to work out, one style I created to use in tables
defaulted to US english, and from then all table grids came up as US English.
I did as you suggested, renamed the normal template, so a fresh template was
opened.

The tables I inserted in my new normal tempalte stayed NZ english, and when
I created the new styles I checked each one was still saying NZ english
before saving them as new styles. One style did default to US english, but I
changed it before it was saved, and the tables have remained NZ english.
Whew.
thanks for the help
Michelle