Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Grobiz Grobiz is offline

Default Table incompatibility

I am trying to open an Word 2003 document in Word 2007. The document opens
fine until a large Word two page table near the end. While 2007 recognizes
it as a table, all the formatting is lost. the grid pattern has evaporated,
the text is run together and the cell separation is represented by two small
blank boxes, the original two pages are fractured into 50+ pages many of
which are blank, editing is restricted and edit attempts trigger a link type
action that moves the cursor to the end of the table. I would like to be able
to use this table without recreating it. Suggestions?