Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mintie Mintie is offline

Default Does MERGEFORMAT have a field length limitation?

When I use MERGEFORMAT I'm not able to type in the full (legal) customer name.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Mergeformat is a formatting switch and has nothing to do with the field
content. What exactly are you trying to do?

Mintie wrote:
When I use MERGEFORMAT I'm not able to type in the full (legal)
customer name.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mintie Mintie is offline

I need help with a template using ASK and MERGEFORMAT - I have created a
template from one that works but there are two fields that lose their
formatting part way through the text and I can't seem to figure out why.

Mintie wrote:
When I use MERGEFORMAT I'm not able to type in the full (legal)
customer name.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

ASK fields throw up an input box into which you can type loads of text (255
characters). The mergeformat switch is irrelevant as an ASK field doesn't
display in the document. It merely assigns content to a bookmark.

If you have a field that loses its formatting with respect to the
surrounding text, use a charformat switch rather than a mergeformat switch.