Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kmsturtle kmsturtle is offline

Default How to add a cell to a table and have all existing cells wrap?

I have a document that is set-up using a "label format". I use it for
addresses and an trying to keep an alphabetical order. When I try to add a
cell in the middle of the table and select "shift cells right", it pushes the
existing cells off the page rather then wrapping them to keep the page
formatting intact.

Can anyone tell me the best way to add cells to a table and keep the
formatting intact?
--
KS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

kmsturtle wrote:
I have a document that is set-up using a "label format". I use it for
addresses and an trying to keep an alphabetical order. When I try to
add a cell in the middle of the table and select "shift cells right",
it pushes the existing cells off the page rather then wrapping them
to keep the page formatting intact.

Can anyone tell me the best way to add cells to a table and keep the
formatting intact?

You can't. Word's tables just don't work that way -- there's nothing that
can move cells from one row to another.

The best method is to convert the existing table to a mail merge source
document (http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...ail_merge.htm), to
which you can add entries, sort any way you like, and print all or just some
of the entries onto labels
(http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...h_word_xp.htm).

--
Regards,