Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Undine Undine is offline

Default Delivery address

Word 2007--In Mailings to Envelopes. The "Delivery address" panel
spaces the lines so widely apart that only a 3-line address can be printed.
How can I shrink the spacing so as to fit in a 4th line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What size envelope are you using? I can fit more than 3 lines on a standard
envelope. Or are you saying there's a lot of space between each line of the
address? If that's the case where you using a beta version at some point?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Undine" wrote in message
Word 2007--In Mailings to Envelopes. The "Delivery address" panel
spaces the lines so widely apart that only a 3-line address can be
printed. How can I shrink the spacing so as to fit in a 4th line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Undine Undine is offline

Using #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Reference is to the space between
each line. No beta was ever used--a clean installation of Office Ultimate
2007. When address is in four lines, the "Delivery address" prints only the
first three.

TechTrax ozone: http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Undine" wrote in message
Word 2007--In Mailings to Envelopes. The "Delivery address" panel
spaces the lines so widely apart that only a 3-line address can be
printed. How can I shrink the spacing so as to fit in a 4th line?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Check the Envelope Address Style, Paragraph formatting to see if there is
Space Before/After set or maybe Line Spacing is set to double or a large
setting.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Undine" wrote in message
Using #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Reference is to the space between
each line. No beta was ever used--a clean installation of Office Ultimate
2007. When address is in four lines, the "Delivery address" prints only
the
first three.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Undine Undine is offline

There is formatting for "Font" when I right-click, but none available for
"Paragraph." If there is, how do I get to it?

"Undine" wrote in message
Using #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Reference is to the space between
each line. No beta was ever used--a clean installation of Office
Ultimate
2007. When address is in four lines, the "Delivery address" prints only
the
first three.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Right-clicking won't get you to where you can look at the style
definition as Terry suggested. There are several ways to get the

- If the Envelope Address style is in the Quick Style set displayed in
the Home ribbon, right-click it and choose Modify.

- Or click the dialog launcher (the tiny arrow in the lower right
corner) of the Styles group on the Home ribbon to open the Styles
pane. The keyboard shortcut for this is Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S. Right-click
the name of the Envelope Address style (or click the down arrow to its
right) and choose Modify.

- Or open the Manage Styles box by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S, select the
Envelope Address style (if it isn't already selected) and click the
Modify button there.

The result of any of those actions is the Modify Style dialog. In the
bottom left corner of the dialog, click the Format button and choose
Paragraph from the menu. That opens a Paragraph dialog where you can
see and, if necessary, alter the Space Before/After and the Line
Spacing.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:37:15 -0400, "Undine"
wrote:

There is formatting for "Font" when I right-click, but none available for
"Paragraph." If there is, how do I get to it?

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Check the Envelope Address Style, Paragraph formatting to see if there is
Space Before/After set or maybe Line Spacing is set to double or a large
setting.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Undine Undine is offline

Still have problems:

To Jay Freedman: There is no "Envelopes Address Style," nor does an
"Envelope Address Style" in any of the Styles pane. Pressing Ctrl-Alt-S
brings up the "HP"logo and nothing else.

To Graham Mayor: Clicking the address does not bring up the address frame.

Frustration continues.

"Undine" wrote in message
Using #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Reference is to the space
between each line. No beta was ever used--a clean installation of
Office Ultimate
2007. When address is in four lines, the "Delivery address" prints
only the
first three.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to click on the Manage Styles button, clear the checkbox 'Show
Recommended Styles only' and then it will appear as a 'Hide until Used'
entry. You need to have an Envelope open to see it as available. Then add it
and you will be able to edit it.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Undine" wrote in message
Using #10 envelope (4 1/8" x 9 1/2"). Reference is to the space
between each line. No beta was ever used--a clean installation of
Office Ultimate
2007. When address is in four lines, the "Delivery address" prints
only the
first three.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Undine Undine is offline

Thanks to all 4 of you for your help. Nothing that anyone suggested seemed
to work. Some button or command was always unavailable or missing. So I
constructed an "Envelope" template in Microsoft Publisher and save it in a
Word 2007 folder. It works, and I've abandoned use of the Word "Envelope"
option.

Appreciate your trying to help.