Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
darrel darrel is offline

Default Applying border color to a style...it won't stick. Why?

Word 2007.

I'm trying to modify my Heading 1 style.

I'd like to add a border to the bottom of that.

I go to:

Header 1 (in the ribbon) right click MODIFY
I click on FORMAT BORDER

I assign a bottom border at 1/2 pt in size.

I pick a color.

I hit OK and then OK again.

Everything changes in my style that I want...including it adding a bottom
border...HOWEVER, the border keeps reverting back to black.

If I repeat the process above, I see that every time I go back in to modify
the border it's reset to 'automatic'.

Any idea why? Is this a bug? User error? 'feature'?

-Darrel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

I do not know 2007 -- so this may not apply.

But in previous versions -- using the Format - Border option changed the
appearance only for that one instance. To change the Style -- you went to
Format Style and changed it there -- that way it would apply to all
instances of that style in that document. There is a short cut way in the
previous versions -- but I don't know if that would work in 2007 either.

I guess I'll need to wait and see what the 2007 users share...

--

Kathryn Groves