Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default For 2007 Users having to do with the ribbon

Surprise! I'm back again. Still learning, but frequently frustrated.

I have somehow altered my original view of the ribbon. I have the nine
headings appearing at the top of my page, but without any visable pull down
menu, until one of these headings is selected. The only way I get the pull
down menu is by selecting eg., home or insert, etc.

When I select for example, the home category, the pull down menu decends.
After applying a font change, bold or whatever, the pull down menu
disappears. It does not stick. This is true of whatever heading I select.

So, no pull down menu showing anywhere until I select one of these
categories. Can any decipher what I may have done. Or better yet, what I
need to do to restore my original view. Any help to a new MSW user would be
appreciated.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Found it Ctrl+F1
Thanks for trying

Jerry

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
Surprise! I'm back again. Still learning, but frequently frustrated.

I have somehow altered my original view of the ribbon. I have the nine
headings appearing at the top of my page, but without any visable pull
down menu, until one of these headings is selected. The only way I get the
pull down menu is by selecting eg., home or insert, etc.

When I select for example, the home category, the pull down menu decends.
After applying a font change, bold or whatever, the pull down menu
disappears. It does not stick. This is true of whatever heading I select.

So, no pull down menu showing anywhere until I select one of these
categories. Can any decipher what I may have done. Or better yet, what I
need to do to restore my original view. Any help to a new MSW user would
be appreciated.

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Good for you! Also -- and this is probably how you collapsed the
ribbon in the first place -- double-clicking any of the tabs will
collapse or expand the ribbon, the same as pressing Ctrl+F1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman