Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Henry Stock Henry Stock is offline

Default How do I control what the mouse wheel does?

I normally expect that using the mouse wheel will cause a document to scroll
up or down depending on which way I am rolling the wheel. And until a week
or so ago that was what was happening.

But now the wheel seems to be linked to the zoom level of the screen. When
I roll down, Word zooms in on the document; when I roll up Word zooms out!

I don't want this to happen, but I don't know what changed to cause it and
more importantly I don't know how to change it back.

Can someone please helpme?

I am not a new user, but I did not see another appropriate news group to use
for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Normally, holding the Ctrl key while rolling the mouse wheel will
change the zoom level. Have you noticed any other indication that one
of your Ctrl keys might be "sticky"? Even if not -- when you see this
behavior, try tapping one or both Ctrl keys a few times to see if the
problem stops.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman