Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MAndersen MAndersen is offline

Default Autodate in word formular

I have my company formular in word. The date in this formular automatically
updates when I open it. Thats fine. When I'm done writing the letter, I save
it as a dokument whit another name than the formular name.
My problem is, that the dokument I save, alså updates the date, everytime I
open it. Is there a way to fix this, so I keep the autodate in the formular,
but not in the dokument I save from the formular?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi MAndersen,

What you need to insert is a CREATEDATE field, which stays the same unless you re-save the file using File|Save As. Alternatively,
you can select the automatically inserted date and press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to convert it to plain text.

For your existing documents, you can correct the date by selecting them, pressing Shift-F9 to expose the field coding, and changing
'DATE' to 'CREATEDATE', then pressing F9 to update the field.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]