Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TOOLS, MACRO SECURITY, MACRO, GOLDMINE TOOLS, MACRO SECURITY, MACRO, GOLDMINE is offline

Default GoldMine Link to Word 2007 does not access data fields

We have installed Office 2007 and have Goldmine Premium Edition (SQL). I
installed the GoldMine / Word link and see the GoldMine link options, but
when attempting to use it such as adding a datafield to a template, the data
selection window does not appear.

Also everytime I open Word (and Excel), I get the following Word / Excel
Errors.
"Automation Error, The requested operation requires elevation" then "Object
variable or With Block variable is not set.". This occurs whenever we
attempt to open or close a Word document. These errors pop up numerous times
in succession.

FrontRange suggested that Word has disabled the macro and to go to Help
About Microsoft Word Disabled Items and see if gmlink is disabled.
Otherwise check in Word, Tools Macros Macro Security and set to Medium.

HOW DO I FIND HELP ABOUT, AND HOW DO I FIND TOOLS?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your instructions apply to Word 2003, not Word 2007, which suggests that
your version of Goldmine might not be compatible with Word 2007. You
should check with the FrontRange folks about that.

The equivalent Word 2007 commands are
Office Button | Word Options | Add-Ins | Manage: Disabled Items
and
Office Button | Word Options | Trust Center | Macro Settings.

By the way, your CapsLock key appears to be broken. Either that, or you
are deliberately SHOUTING at the people from whom you ask help, which is
poor netiquette and probably not the best approach.