Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Default Changes in Word

Is it true that Word will save every change ever made in a document -- even
if text has been deleted? We have users who are using the same *.doc file
and calling it a template. They modify this document hundreds of times over.
Users do not understand why their Word documents are slow. IT has been
trying to tell them to use a true *.dot file; however, have received little
cooperation.

Is there a TechNet article available regarding this? If it is true that
Word does save every change made to an *.doc file, is there a way to view the
changes?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

I can't respond positively but I don't believe what you describe is a
default. There is an option in 2000 and later versions of Word„˘ to save
VERSIONS. This does allow users to "go back" to a previous save of the file.
This may be what you have heard about.